Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Sams Talent show dress

  1. #1
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm trying to decide which dress to exchange sam's winter party dress for and I'm thinking of Nellies spring party and Sams talent show dress. I've heard so many good things about sams talent show dress though I've never been taken by the AG photo of her in it. I was wondering if it's velcro sensitive and if there is anyone who really didn't care for it. Is it prettier in person. For those who have both dresses which do you like better and why? Any help will be most appreciated.

    Thanks
    Shanna

  2. #2
    Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I felt bad for my Sam because she hadn't had a new outift since I got her, so at AGPNY I wanted her lawn party outfit. But I felt bad and thought she needed more.

    I ended up coming home with the lawn party dress and shoes, plus the talent show dress.

    I had debated it as well, because I was always not very fond of it.

    SOOOOOOO glad I got it!

    It's tafetta and has the nicest shade of pink with a cream collar and hairbow.

    The only flaw: It only has the dress and bow, meaning you need your own stockings and shoes.

    What I really love about her talent show dress is how it's copied from an original, real dress that is in a museum.

    Also, since it is a short story outfit and they seem to be clearing the short story outfits out, I'd buy it, because her talent show dress is a short story outfit.

    However, I also reccomend the lawn party outfit. The spring party dress is also on my future purchase list (espeically because I ordered Nellie's spring dress wiht my new Nellie that's coming soon) but the lawn party outift is GOURGEOUS!

    It's got the cutest little all wood (except for the plastic and metal wicket) crocquet set (which I adore because every time I go to my Aunt's house she has a large woods like area where we play crocquet) and the dress is gergeous!

    Plus, the lawn party socks and shoes look GREAT with it (duh...)

    Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I just got my winter party dress today and I really like it. I was very careful not to snag the velcro and when I opened the bow to put in her hair it broke! CS is sending me a whole new outfit and told me to donate this one to a charity of my choice. I think that the winter party and talent show dresses are made similar so they fit on Samantha about the same. The talent show dress is my personal favorite. It is a very pretty color that is becoming on all of the dolls.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rosyposey79's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2005
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have both the lawn party dress and the talent show dress - and I love them both! They are really so pretty. If I had to pick one though, I think I would pick the talent show dress. I just think it's extra special...plus, like someone else said, it is a short story outfit and likely won't be around much longer.

    -Ruth [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member chrstnwmn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2006
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have both dresses in my collection. I HIGHLY recommend getting sam's talent dress. It is absolutely gorgeous! And, I would agree that it may be on the brink of retirement if this dress goes the way of Molly's and others. The material is really beautiful...and it looks so good on just about any doll!

    I also have Nellie's dress. I love it because it is pink. My favorite color! It looks great after a light pressing. And the accessories are so cute!

    Good luck deciding!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have both, as well.

    Sam's Talent Show dress is my favorite of the Sam/Nellie ones, and the only one I would be willing to pay ebay prices on (after it retires, of course) if I lost mine. It's modeled after a real dress at the Madison Children's Museum (that the name of it?), which gives it added greatness to me, as we KNOW it's historically accurate. The color is a gorgeous dusty pink, that's pretty different from the other pinks in Sam's collection. It has a simple sort of detail to it. This outfit is my person favorite on Nellie, I like to pair it with black tights and the high button shoes that go with Sam's sailor suit. I definitely think this one looks better in person, even though I think it looks pretty in pictures, as well. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the dress.

    Nellie's Spring Party outfit is great simply because you get a lot for the money. I happen to like Sam's Spring Party *dress* a LOT more than Nellie's, but for the money, Nellie's is "better." Nellie's a nice pink color, but I think it looks a little too pink on her, or makes her hair look too pinky, I'm not exactly sure what. My dolls don't wear it very much.

    As has been mentioned, the Sam dress is much more likely to be retired soon, given it's a short story outfit, and Nellie's is only a year old. On the other hand, Sam's had prominent screen time in the Samantha movie, and could very well be around for quite awhile based on that alone.

    Anyway, I MUCH prefer Sam's Talent Show dress, and definitely recommend getting that one. You can always get Nellie's Spring Party outfit later on.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's some pics of Sam's Talent Show outfit on both Samantha and Nellie. I don't have any of Nellie's Spring Party dress on my computer. I can easily take a pic of them both, if you'd like one picture to compare the two outfits. Just let me know if you have any preference as to which of the two (or any of the dolls I have, really) in which outfit:

    b3aa903d

    85312cf5

    887f4417

  8. #8
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank-you so much Cami! Those photos were great! I think it's much prettier in your photos and I think I'm going to go with that dress. The only thing I was thinking is that Nellies might be a bit cosier for snuggling and I love to snuggle my dolls. I've also heard that the talent show dress is a little more velcro sensitive. It's a good point, however, that it is more likely to disappear soon and if I want Nellies later it's more likely to be there. Thank-you again!

    Shanna

    p.s. I love that dress on Nellie. I don't have her, but the more I see her the more I like her. I definatly like the dress on her better than on Samantha.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're very welcome, Shanna! Nellie's dress IS more soft and cuddly, if that means a great deal to you. Sam's isn't rough or hard or uncomfortable, but it's not as soft as Nellie's. They're both pretty good with velcro, and I don't think I have any snags on mine.

    Nellie is so cute, and looks great in most of Sam's outfits. For some reason, I find that the Josefina face mold doesn't photograph as well as the others, every doll I've seen with it really is so much cuter in person.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't really care for the lawn party dress, but it's interesting that it has such glowing reviews. It must be one of those that are prettier in person. I'm trying to decide between sam's talent and nellies spring party. Thanks for letting me know what you like about the dress! Does anyone have both sams and nellies dress?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •